PROFESSIONAL HARDWOOD INSTALLATION
Hardwood flooring is a great way to improve the look and value of your home. We, at Hadinger Flooring, offer a variety of installation options depending on your lifestyle and budget. Professional installation is important to make sure your new flooring looks the way you want it to look and wears as expected. A professional installer will have experience with different types of hardwood flooring, and the specialized skills required for a successful installation.
Additionally, It’s also important to remember that a professionally installed hardwood floor will more likely be covered by the manufacturers warranty.
Getting Ready for Your Hardwood Installation
Preparation is very important for a successful hardwood flooring project. Of course, you should consult with your Hadinger Flooring specialist for complete instructions, but here are a few things you should consider to get an idea of what your project will involve.
- Hardwood flooring requires a flat, clean surface for a proper installation. To ready the area for your new flooring, you may have to remove your existing flooring. This process will be different for different types of existing flooring and extra care may be required if your previous flooring is glued down or set in tile adhesive. Calling in a pro at this point is a good idea, since a professional hardwood specialist will come equipped with the necessary tools and knowledge to do the job right, and judge when the flooring surface is ready. A pro may also be able to assist with the disposal of your old flooring.
- You will also need to remove all the furniture from the rooms where your new hardwood is to be installed. A professional moving and storage company can be incredibly useful at this point, especially for large or heavy items. A professional moving team can have a single room ready in a matter of hours, and a whole house in as little as a day. This will minimize the amount of time you have to live without your furniture at the end of each job. You should also take down photos or other wall hangings which can be damaged accidentally during the installation of your hardwood flooring.
During Your Hardwood Installation
Once you’ve decided to install hardwood flooring, you may wonder what the process will look like. You can help us ensure a smooth installation by understanding what needs to happen before, during and after your flooring installation.
- An adult member of your household (age 18 or older) should greet your installer and show them to the work area.
- Be sure to get a walkthrough of the job from the lead installer to give you a clear idea of what the work involved and ask them any questions you have about the job.
- To ensure everyone’s safety and to help the job go smoothly, keep children and pets away from the work area for the duration of the job.
- Stay off your new floors for the required amount of time after the job is done. The stain and varnish that has been used on the surface will need time to cure properly. The lead installer will be able to advise you on how long this will take.
- If the smell of varnish or stain bothers you, open windows for ventilation or stay out of the house until the air has had time to clear.
After Your Hardwood Installation
After installation, it will be up to you to maintain your new hardwood wood floors. Pay special attention to cleaning and to preventing scratching and denting by using rugs, mats, and felt pads for furniture. Plan to provide ventilation for the new floor area, post-installation, to help clear related odors and dust.
If you have questions about floor maintenance, we would be happy to answer them for you.
Some of our brands we love
At Hadinger Flooring, we want to ensure that you're getting the highest quality flooring! See our Featured Brands and Manufacturers below!