Luxury Vinyl Tile Basics
LEARN LUXURY VINYL TILE BASICS
Luxury vinyl is a recent innovation in floor coverings. These products are manufactured in plank and tile formats, creating the look of ceramic tile, natural stone and hardwood, but with some important benefits – easy installation, and affordability.
As with traditional tile flooring, luxury vinyl opens up possibilities for interesting design patterns. Luxury vinyl tiles usually require adhesive to affix the tile to the subfloor. Luxury vinyl planks often employ a system whereby the planks affix to one another, but not to the subfloor – a “floating” floor installation.
Your Hadinger Flooring associate will provide a full description of these factors during your visit. Luxury vinyl flooring can be a great choice:
- Kid and pet friendly – very resistant to scratches and dents. • Softer underfoot - easier on your joints.
- Quieter than most hard surface flooring.
- Easy to maintain.
- Extremely moisture and stain resistant.
- Realistic wood, tile and stone looks.
- Easier installation than ceramic, stone, or hardwood.
- For many styles, you can elect to grout or not.
- Suitable for many commercial applications, as well as for residential floors.
We’ll say it again: your Hadinger Flooring associate is in full earnest about ensuring that you are thoroughly pleased with your new floor. This means helping you consider all related costs for your project.
Here’s a list of potential additional expenses you may incur:
- Furniture removal/replacement.
- Demolition/disposal of old floor covering. Depending on the existing floor covering, this can be an expensive item; also, be sure to include the cost to dispose of the old floor covering.
- Subfloor preparation. Depending on the condition of the subfloor, it may require additional work.
- Product delivery (usually not a factor with luxury vinyl flooring).
- Luxury vinyl installation. Determine the cost per square foot to install, including materials required to complete the installation. Your new luxury vinyl floor may require additional materials such as adhesive or grout to install it properly. You may need to replace pieces of trim around the floor perimeter. Be sure to consult the manufacturer’s installation instructions, warranty and care guide for specific requirements and recommendations for each product.
Luxury Vinyl Installation
If you enjoy hands-on home remodeling work, you might want to consider tackling the installation of your Luxury Vinyl floor. It requires few special tools, moderate skills and preparation.
We can arrange to have Hadinger Flooring installers do this work for you. But, there are some things you should consider about installation regardless of who installs it. Find out more in our Luxury Vinyl Installation section.